Natural cosmetics are great food for our skin. Thanks to them you can get a smooth complexion and nourished, shiny hair. One of such products is rice water. How to use it and what does it give?
Rice water nourishes damaged hair thanks to vitamins, amino acids, selenium, folic acid and inositol. They make the hair shiny and moisturized. Rice water can be obtained at home, simply by boiling rice properly!
This seemingly simple ingredient is a mine of minerals and vitamins. It not only nourishes the hair from within but also gives it a healthy shine and protects the hair structure from external factors Which ingredient is responsible for this?
Rice starch, which with regular use also prevents split ends and dandruff. Not only the hair can benefit from this, but also the scalp, which will be nourished.
Rice Water Hair Rinse
Rice water rinse should be prepared according to the original recipe, only then it will be a real source of vitamins and minerals.
You will need:
- a glass of jasmine or white sticky rice,
- sliced ginger,
- grapefruit peel,
- one liter of water.
- Clean the grapefruit peel with baking soda, then wash and grate it on a fine grater.
- Place the rice in a large bowl, pour water over it and mix it with your hand to get rid of dirt and dust.
- After washing, pour off the dirty water – this will not be usable.
- Add a liter of clean water to the prepared rice and then rub the rice grains for about 15 minutes. It’s best to use your hands to do this, it makes it easier to extract the starch
- When the water gets a cloudy white color, similar to milk, the rice can be strained.
- Add ginger and grapefruit peel to the rice water and cook in a pot, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Then pour the water with all the ingredients into a glass jar or bottle.
- The whole mixture must stand for about 7 days, so that the fermentation process takes place in it. It will run best in a dark place at room temperature.
- After a week, remove all solid ingredients from the jar. Done!
How to use the rice rinse?
The prepared mixture of rice, ginger and grapefruit can be used as a rub and rinse. Before application, hair should be washed and towel dried. Then, the rinse is applied to the so prepared skin using an atomizer. In order for the ingredients to reach the skin and nourish the hair, we leave it on the head for at least thirty minutes. After this time you should rinse it off.
For best results, repeat the treatment once every two weeks and then every 10 days.
If you choose the form of a rub, you can apply it even several times a week. Also, put the liquid in an atomizer and distribute it on the scalp.
How else can you use rice water?
It can serve as a base for a tonic before cleansing the skin. Place a cotton ball in the rice water prepared in the same way and wipe your face with it twice a day. After 10 minutes, rinse with lukewarm tap water.
This mixture soothes irritation, brightens the skin and helps fight acne.
Rice water can also be used as an ingredient of face masks. How to prepare it?
To one teaspoon of rice water add the same amount of honey and combine everything with two tablespoons of chickpea flour.
Thus prepared concoction will eliminate acne marks, allow the skin to regain its glow and soothe redness.
Read also: Here’s a list of vitamins and supplements that will guarantee lush hair and glowing skin
Main Photo: makistock/ stock.adobe.com